CMIS 102 7380 Introduction to Problem Solving & Algorithm Design (2218)

Table of Contents

The first assignment involves writing a Python program to compute the weekly pay for a salesperson. Your program should prompt the user for the number of hours worked for that week and the weekly sales. Your program should compute the total pay as the sum of the pay based on the number of hours worked times the hourly rate plus the commission. You should choose a value for the hourly pay. The commission should be computed as a percentage of the weekly sales. You should choose a value for the percentage. Your program should output the pay based on the hours worked, the commission and the total pay for the week.

Your program should include the pseudocode used for your design in the comments. Document the values you chose for the hourly rate and commission percentage in your comments as well. The only value that will be hardcoded will be the hourly rate. This should be displayed in some way in our output. Do not hardcode any other variable values in this logic. All of these must be entered by the user.

In future weeks you will learn how to make an industry standard test report to test that your program works correctly.  For the assignment simply write a short paragraph of any activities that you performed to show that your program works correctly to include screenshots of this execution.

You are to submit your Python program as a file (.py) file. In addition, you are also to submit a short paragraph explaining how you tested the program. This will be in a Word or PDF formatted document. Do not submit individual image files such as .jpg. All images must be embedded in the single submitted document.

15% of your grade will be based on whether the comments in your program include the pseudocode and define the values of your constants as well as detailed documentation in the submitted document. The remaining 85% will be whether your program executes correctly on all test cases and whether you included a paragraph in the single document describing your approach to testing.

Important note: It is advised that you read all of the material before attempting the assignment. Type in any examples given in the material. If you do not understand something reach out to the professor or UMGC tutor. It is not advised to seek help outside of the class. Many times outside material just confuses students more. It also can lead to academic integrity issues.

Want instant Help?

Why not trust us? We are a professional assignment help service provider and deliver your project on time.

Order Now