Now that you understand and have created a virtual machine, your Caduceus CTO, Eliza, has asked you to extend that application and provision infrastructure in the cloud. Specifically, you will provision a Windows operating system in the cloud. The provisioned infrastructure could be accessed by any end-user device client. This includes a desktop running Microsoft Windows, a Mac device running Apple MacOS, iPad, Android Tablet, and even a Google Chromebook. You will use any of the aforementioned end-user devices to access the provision infrastructure once this is set up.
Step 1: Log in to the AWS Dashboard
You will use the same AWS Educate account you used in Week1.
Review the following documents to activate and enter your AWS Educate classroom. Be sure to read each document carefully before you proceed.
- AWSEducateClassroomActivation.pdf (AWSEducateClassroomActivation.pdf)
- EnteringYourAWSClassroom.pdf (EnteringYourAWSClassroom.pdf)
- ExitingYourAWSClassroom.pdf (ExitingYourAWSClassroom.pdf)
Step 2: Download the Week 2 Assignment Template
Download the template you will use to submit your project. (Cloud Computing Assignment Template.docx)
When providing a detailed overview of the steps required to install the Windows operating system on the virtual machine, make sure to include screenshots of each step in the process. Specific details and instructions are included within the Week 2 Assignment Template.
Note, when completing the EFS configuration process, be sure to follow the hints in this document to save some time. (EFS Hints.docx)
Step 3: Install and Configure a Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Provision cloud infrastructure via Amazon and a OS platform (PaaS) by installing and configuring a Microsoft Windows operating system that can be accessed on demand by any end-user device. Note, installing a Windows O/S is similar to what you did for Ubuntu. Just select the Windows Server Free tier.
- Research and use AWS documentation and tutorials for instructions and guidance to complete the assignment.
- Consult the AWS Connection Documentation in order to connect to the Microsoft Windows operating system.
|How Will My Work Be Evaluated?|
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
- 1.4.1: Produce grammatically correct material in standard academic English that supports the communication.
- 2.2.3: Explain the assumptions underlying viewpoints, solutions, or conclusions.
- 2.3.1: State conclusions or solutions clearly and precisely.
- 3.1.1: Identify quantitative information that is relevant to a problem or situation.
- 3.1.2: Analyze quantitative data using an appropriate method.
- 10.1.1: Identify the problem to be solved.
- 11.1.3: Install software.
- 11.3.1: Add and update systems as required.
- 11.2.1: Configure technology according to stakeholder specifications and requirements.
Step 4: Upload Your Work to the Assignment Folder
- When complete, export your file as a PDF and upload to the LEO Assignments Folder (e.g., Project 2 – Cloud Computing).
|Step 5: Stop and Terminate Your Amazon Instance|
After you complete the Week 2 Assignment, stop and terminate your Amazon deployment/instances so you do not receive any unexpected charges on your account.