Project 1: Vulnerability Memo
Your task this week is to check the internet and the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) List for networked IoT or IoMT devices with publicly known problems identified in the past six months.
Select two devices related that might be relevant to the organization setting and review what is known about the vulnerabilities of these devices.
For each device, include background information about the device, a description of the vulnerability, possible solutions that have been identified to fix the vulnerability, and your recommendation on whether the organization should avoid the product.
Use this Memo Template to record your work.
Project 1: Vulnerability Memo – Solved
Get help with this project from our tutors anytime you need it. Project 1: Vulnerability Memo – Solved by our experts will help you learn and understand the concepts better.
This project will focus on identifying and writing a memo about a vulnerability in an information system. The memo should be addressed to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) or equivalent of your organization and should provide enough detail that the CIO could take action to mitigate or eliminate the issue.
How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
In writing a clear and concise memo to inform management about potential vulnerabilities, you are demonstrating communication skills, technical expertise, and responsiveness to stakeholder needs and concerns.
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
- 1.2.1: Identify the target audience, the context, and the goal of the communication.
- 1.3.4: Balance original content with supporting sources.
- 1.4.1: Produce grammatically correct material in standard academic English that supports the communication.
- 2.1.1: Identify the issue or problem under consideration.
- 10.1.1: Identify the problem to be solved.
- 10.1.3: Define the specifications of required technologies.
- 12.1.1: Determine business needs that require policies, processes, and procedures.
- 12.3.1: Select controls.
- 12.3.2: Describe the implementation of controls.